Tips To Get Your Move Right
Moving can be quite hectic, and there are a large number of things that you need to focus on. Ensuring that your move is as a stress-free and seamless as possible, is about hiring the right professionals for the job. However, there are also certain things you can do to ease the process. Here are some moving tips from the experts at Infinite Removals:
Before the Move…
- When looking for a professional Removalist in Sydney, identify an experienced company like Infinite Removals. While we do provide affordable services, not all companies would be able to balance quality and cost. This is why it is important to be wary of extremely cheap offers.
- When you’re asking for the quote, make sure it’s an all-inclusive or upfront one. There should be no hidden costs or fees that you need to pay at the end of the move.
- Request the company to provide you referrals and make sure that you call some of the previous clients to get a better idea of all the services provided by the company.
- It’s important to plan the move well in advance as this will help you keep things organised.
- A local removal is generally carried out within a day, while a national move can easily take two to three days. This is something you need to keep in mind when you are planning your relocation.
DIY Packing Tips
- Clean all the items before you pack and box them. This will save you a significant amount of time and trouble when you are settling into your new home.
- Ensure that all the empty spaces in the boxes are filled with packing peanuts; this will help prevent the items from bouncing around and becoming damaged.
- Placing all the books horizontally – it will prevent the corners from curling.
- Use the opportunity to get rid of useless and less used items from your house and only pack the things you need.
- Plan how you’re going to place all the furniture in a new home well before you get there. This will help save a significant amount of time on the move.
On The Day Of The Move…
- Don’t keep any digital backup near magnetic items, as that can corrupt the points in your digital drive and you might end up losing the data.
- If you hired a professional removalist, ensure that they show you their identification. This is important since you would be letting strangers into your house.
- Label all the boxes meticulously and stick small notes on them mentioning the contents inside and the rooms they have come from. You can also mention whether the contents are fragile or not.
- It’s best to take a day off from work even if you have hired professionals for the job. This will help you focus on ensuring that everything runs smoothly.
- Maintain your call at all times, rather than becoming hassled with or using our temper on small things.
After the move…
- The very first thing to do is to check whether all the items are in a good condition. It’s important you make note of broken items when the operators are on site, and hand the list to the manager. Ask them to sign that document, and make it a point to call the company in order to report this incident.
- If you notice damaged items after the technicians have left, call the company without delay and inform them about it.
- Make the payment as per the original quote provided to you at the start of the move. Do not make any additional payments aside from that.
For any more information about our removalist services Sydney, feel free to contact Infinite Removals at 1300 350 392. Alternatively, send us your queries via this online form and one of our experts will call you shortly to discuss your requirements. You can also request a free quote via this form.